Saturday, January 14, 2012

Review: The Golden Lily

The Golden Lily The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm not bias or anything i swear! Okay maybe I am. I really really love Adrian Ivashkov that's why i'm giving this 4stars!!! Oh c'mon everyone who is a VA fan will surely adore him in this book!!!! :)

Okay since I don't know how to say how i definitely love this book, i'm gonna comment about the characters....

Sydney, is like one of the most innocent and powerful person! I just love how naive she is sometimes yet she's a very intellectual at the same time!

Adrian, i am so in love with you! I can't even begin how he changed in Palm Spring! It's like by just meeting Sydney, all fell in to right places. He's still cocky and always joking around but it's different in Sydney's perspective. She totally saw the boy who is in pain. The guy who had gotten his heart broken and the man who made his way and effort to achieve something.

Eddie, gosh i really pity him. He should be happy considering all his efforts and focus in his work. He should be able to tell the person he loves about how he feels.

Jill, i wish you could at least do something about him. Please. I like that kind of love story.

Angeline, please leave Eddie alone?

Trey, in some weird reason, i want you to like Sydney in more than just a friend. Hahaha

Here are some spoiler quotes, i just really have to react! Haha

1.) "Ever had that happen? Once you can’t have something, you want it that much more.”
---- yeah. This reminds me of a lot things. One being Rose Hathaway.

2.) "Which is scarier: walking into a den of crazy, murdering humans or being with safe—though kind of wacky-
vampires and half vampires? I know the hang-up you Alchemists have with us, but is the loyalty to your own race so strong that … I don’t know … that the people themselves don’t matter?”

---- i know why he asked this. It's obvious that he really has starting to have feelings for her. He understands her point of view but he still has this hope that maybe it wont cloud her heart or what she wants for life. Sad part here is that I don't think it's enough for her as of now

3.) "On impulse I took off my cross necklace and pressed it into his hand. “This time, keep it for real. Hold onto it until I return. If you get too worried, look at it and know that I’l have to come back for it. It goes realy wel with khakis and neutral colors.”
---- this is like one of those awww moments!!! Very sweet in an innocent way. :)

4.) Adrian stood there leaning against the doorframe, watching me with his heart in his eyes. In my chest, my own heart was breaking. On my cheek, the lily reminded me who I was.
I turned from him and walked away, refusing to look back.

---- OMG. Omg! Omg! Yeah i know.

View all my reviews
Share:

0 comments: