Sunday, September 29, 2013

Review: On Every Street

On Every Street On Every Street by Karina Halle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Do you live? Do you die? Do you live for a fantasy? (Fantasy by 30 Seconds to Mars)

“I tricked myself into thinking it had all been a dream, that none of it had really happened. I pretended that I was falling in love with Javier and that was all to the story. I didn’t let myself dwell on who he really was.”

All it was in Ellie Watt's life with Javier Bernal is a fantasy, it's all a lie. Eden White is a lie. But a better word to describe Ellie's life as Eden? It's a fantasy. Fantasy is a word that can be describe as an illusion going through a person's mind and believing it to be real. Wanting something to be real. In reality? It can but it won't be forever.

It started with revenge, but like Gus said, a people can change his or her mind. There are so many factors that can be involved in this. It could be about the situation, the people around you or the feelings that seep through your skin and mess with your mind or your goal. For Ellie, it all comes down to her emotions.

Believe it or not, a person only has one thing in mind. This is to be loved. We are created to love others and be loved by others, most importantly, we have that mentality wherein we think that we can be truly love by one person who made us feel the love that we wanted in return. It's the raw type of love that will be the death of us. I think, this mentality is what's in Ellie's and Javier's mind.

description

LIE


“That’s the kind of person you think you’re in love with, Ellie. I want you to wake up and see the lie. Obsession is not love. He is a bad man.”


-- to be honest, it is scary to live in a lie. It's ok if you have control and can manage to handle the pressure, but what happens if it becomes your weakness or something that will trigger your weak side? The pain or the fear that will come afterwards will be something that you will wish that you never have to experience.

LOVE

“I’m scared of him. I’m disgusted by the vile monster he becomes, this beast he lets out. But I still love him. I’d still do anything for him. I can’t just turn off my heart. I want to, I do, but I can’t. I love him with everything I have and I hate myself for it. Because it’s wrong to love him, I know. It’s so wrong.”

-- for Ellie, i pity her. She never expected to love Javier that way she did. She never saw it coming. But she still fell in love with him. That's something that changed all her plans. Her love was able to change her too. She accepted and trusted the man that's why she was able to let go of her revenge and see Javier as her forever. She was able to see the good in him and was able to justify his actions. Yes, he is bad, but she was able to look deeper and she found something essential and wonderful.

-- for Javier, i know he love Ellie or Eden for him. I just know it! I can see it too! From the way Ellie described him in the book. For some reason i think he's obsessed but he loved her deeply. What i don't get is why did he cheated on her????? Why why why? I mean, i know he's a ladies man but that all changed when he met Ellie. So, i wanna know WHY? I mean was starting to like Javier!! I was starting to believe that a bad guy has this soft and sweet side that can truly change him to something good!
GUESS I WAS WRONG? Or not? Can he explain this in book2? Please?

LIVE

“I went to the bathroom to clean up and was surprised to see the weary eyes of Ellie Watt looking back at me. Judging me. I had been so close to becoming her again. So close to freeing her. She was disappointed, her body marred by bloody smears, bite marks and bruises, physical signs of our troubled love.
I gave her the finger. Then I got ready to go back home.”


--Life can be confusing. Especially if you got hurt then you found out that you still feel the love that you have inside. Feelings make living your life confusing. All you have to do is choose what you think is right. Not what is right in the situation, but what is right for YOU.

I am loving this story!!!!!

Book 2 now please!


View all my reviews
Share:

0 comments: