Friday, September 03, 2021

Review: Tin Queen

Tin Queen Tin Queen by Devney Perry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 beautiful stars for this book!
I hesitated briefly if I should start reading this book because I forgot some of the details that are important. Turns out, it's ok because the book gave me the pertinent details to the story while reading it. More like a recall from the past. Yay, Devney!

When I first got the hint what Emmett story was going to be like, I was completely down with it. So excited because I know how much drama will be in it. How painful the story will be and how heartbreaking will it be for the characters. I thought that was that, but when I was actually reading the book, I wasn't prepared for the heartache and the twist! Whoa. I cried while reading this because, who would not cry when you couldn't be with the love of your life. Who wouldn't cry when it's hurting you both because you can't be together. :(

description
The story started out smoothly, because it was just so casual between the two of them. Then it became addicting to both not realizing they were already in the hands of falling in love. Then when the lies get to be too much it just shattered in front of their eyes.

Emmett Stone, I really thought I'd prefer Leo over Emmett, but this book changed it for me. I love Emmett! This book shed a few things that made me find him endearing, a sweetheart and sexy. lol.
Even in the past he has always been a loyal friend to the Tin Gypsies and their wives. It was enlightening to see his interaction with his mother and how he missed his father so much. How broken he was when he found out the truth about Nova, how his guilt made him crumble and how he let himself feel the need distance himself from her because their relationship was fool of lies from the beginning. It's hard when you see a man who has to face the truth and find the courage to let the one he loves go, but he did. It was everything :(

June Nova Johnson, I was expecting her to fall for Emmett, obviously, but the emotions that she poured in this book, it made me cryyyy. Yes her revenge was driven by her loyalty and the need to give more for her father, but she wasn't prepared for the feelings that caught her when she encountered Emmett. It was so hard to be Nova. I wouldn't wish it on anyone else. When she discovered the truth about the death of his brother, the lies of his father and how she has to give up the man that she loves; giiiirl, my heart shattered. I cannot even. I mean who wouldn't collapse and have a heart attack. I'd be crazy for all the reality that I have to face if I was her. and crazy she did. haha!

[image error]
"If there was a miracle to be had in my life, I wanted it to be him."
I really cried when she hugged Emmett and cried all her hurts in front of him, and he still left her. OMG.

We survive the goodbyes so when a hello comes along, we appreciate its beauty.
yes to this quote.

View all my reviews
Share:

0 comments: