Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Review: Tower of Dawn

Tower of Dawn Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow! Just wow. I cannot believe that I put off reading this for 5 years. Maybe if I didn’t the feelings will be much more intense. However, reading this also gave me all the strong feels and chills. I loved it!

Hello, Chaol. We meet again.
Finally I get to have a whole book with Chaol’s POV. Admittedly, I wasn’t thrilled before because I was really hoping he will end up with Aelin. Upon reading books 3 onwards, we all know it’s Rowan right? So, when I heard about this book, I was asking myself so it’s Chaol and Nesryn? Hmmm, how come no spark or something. Now, the good thing, i read this book and it blew me away. Completely. See Chaol is one of my favorite characters in the book. To see him grow and transition to this character who felt useless, self conscious and just hopeless, it really broke my heart. This book was a chance to accept all the mistakes, failures, heartaches and wrong decisions. Chaol has a lot of those swirling inside him. It has become his own monster that wants to overtake him. This book has finally given me the answer to Chaol’s thoughts. Why he feels like that. Why he felt like he failed Dorian. How he felt when his relationship with Aelin ended. That was really painful by the way. Aelin has her faults too. OMG! The feeeeeels. Had me feeling so emotional while reading this. That chapter was the best.

Enters, Yrene Towers. The heir of Silba.
I really like her. Aside from her healing powers, she’s a very brave person. Her relationship with Chaol started from irritable patient to becoming a special friend then a lover. Whoop!
How she pursued to battle it out with the darkness within Chaol was really something. She cared enough that she shared her own deep memories from her past. Her pain and lost.
Those two are just perfect.

Alsooooo, since we all know that Nesryn is also one of the POVs here, let me tell you that I was over the moon when a certain Prince has shown interest. The way they started was pure admiration and fun. It was everything when they finally confessed their feelings for each other. Sartaq is one of those prince that can be intimidating but can make you swoon unexpectedly. He’s a prince who is not entitled but deeply grounded. Cares about his people and his ruks. Also he’s very truly smitten with Arrow’s Neith, the windseeker, Nesryn. Swooon!

Let’s not forget about those Ruks! Boy oh boy, it got me thinking of Buckbeack from HP. Haha!

Alsoooo the revelations.
What the hell is up with Queen Maeve. OMG?! Whaaaaat, all this time, she’s actually a Valq Queen. She manipulated the two fae sisters and injected herself, making them believe that they have a third sister. This is sick!
The revelations why there are healers in Antica. Because the Fae was able to hide them to be protected. Because they can actually heal the people that are possessed with Valgs.
Why there are black spiders near the rhukin. Because it was Maeve who told them to remain and guard the gate.
This boooook! I am just so happy with what I discovered.

View all my reviews
Share:

0 comments: