Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Review: Saving Grace

Saving Grace Saving Grace by Christine Zolendz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Let me ask you something, what would you do if for 2000++ years, you've spent your life loving and searching for someone that you've been saving yourself for, then you found out that he doesn't want you as much as you did?
My reaction would have to be WHAT THE F*CK?!?!?!!! I've loved you for soooooo looooong!

So that was my first reaction after reading this book. Grrr.

Other thoughts:
1. Wasting all these tears.
Sometimes you wake up and realize that loving someone is not worth it yet you can't really help it if your heart is screaming differently. In this book, i found the perfect song for Grace! It's called "Wasting All These Tears" by Cassadee Pope:

"I tried to find you at the bottom of a bottle
Laying down on the bathroom floor
My loneliness was a rattle in the windows
You said you don't want me anymore
And you left me
Standing on a corner crying,
Feeling like a fool for trying
I don't even remember
Why I'm wasting all these tears on you
I wish I could erase our memory
Cause you didn't give a damn about me
Oh, finally I'm through
Wasting all these tears on you
These tears on you"


Bottom line it hurts when someone makes you feel shitty. Lol. Ok let me rephrase that. It hurts when someone you love suddenly abandons you or didn't choose to be with you after all the things that you've suffered just for him.

2. Just a fool for you.
Again, acting foolish is different from being fooled. Arrrghhh! Perfect sooooong for Grace and Shane! This was like the part when Grace was in Booze trying to forget about everything by drinking. Song is "Just a Fool" by Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton
"Another shot of whiskey please bartender
Keep it coming til I don't remember at all
How bad it hurts when you're gone (no no no no)
Turn the music up a little bit louder
Just gotta get past the midnight hour (uh huh)
Maybe tomorrow it won't be this hard
Who am I kidding?
I know what I'm missing
Love, I had my heart set on you
But nothing else hurts like you do
Who knew that love was so cruel (yeah, yeah, yeah)
And I waited and waited so long
For someone who'll never come home
It's my fault to think you'd be true (yeah, yeah)
I'm just a fool"


3. Booze and drinks all over!
description
Yeah this book is full of drinking and partying! Seriously! All they do is drink! Party all night and trash talk and well you know some x-rated stuff.

4. Sooo where can you find a guy just like Conner?
- gosh Lea is so lucky!

5. Drama-filled book!
Back and forth back and forth! Drama drama dramaaaaa!

6. Angels. Yup. 'Nuff said.

View all my reviews
Share:

0 comments: