Sunday, January 07, 2018

Review: Saint Anything

Saint Anything Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"He threw a grape at me on a sunny day, and I just knew it was love...."

Eating a pizza never felt so romantic like this book just did.
description
LOVED THIS!

I'm so glad that I stumble upon Sarah Dessen's book. I had this before and I kept saying, "later, later..." and 2 years later, here I am. Done with the later and staying up until 3am, not budging at all, until my eyes finally tire for all the reading that I did.

Thoughts:
1. The part about the family here is painfully beautiful to read.
One family, they are together, living the life that they have as normal and as optimistic as possible, but also trying to fix something but doesn't really fix everything at all. Some problems remain ignored, or just unknown and some just doesn't realize that there's a problem at all.
The other family, although completely together what with all the loving and support from each family members, yet still damaged with a disease that scares them.

2. There's no shame in trying to make stuff work, is how I see it. It's better than just accepting the broken.
- It's always better if you try to take some actions than just stand there and do nothing. It's not just about feeling good about yourself but it's just a fact that should always come to mind. At the end of the day, you can say that you did something think is right. They always say that, "It's better to try." Yes, it is. It surely is.

3. I would love to know how it felt, just once, to have something fall apart and see options instead of endings.
description
-There is always a solution to everything. Sometimes we just don't look for it or we just don't know how to find it. To some, it's all about giving up because they don't see the point. You cannot blame them for that because sometimes, it really is tiring. But then, to others, there's always that light or road that they want to take just to reach that breath of fresh air that they've been seeking.

4. You weren't invisible, not to me. Just so you know.
description
- It's really nice to be seen and appreciated by someone you find yourself caring for or just be seen by someone or anyone at all actually. It makes you feel not alone. It makes you feel that you exist in this world. In this book though, this one is all romantic approach. Mac saying this to Sydney made me swooooooon. It's just so dreamy.

5. Just because a person isn't talking about something doesn't mean it's not on their mind. Often, in fact, it's why they won't speak of it.
description
- True that. It's easier to pretend not to know or acknowledge something just to let you think for a while that it's not reality. Most people tend to be ignorant unless someone or something actually makes them wake up from all that pretending.

6. You only really fall apart in front of the people you know you can piece you back together.
- I really love the relationship of the characters in this book. Well, not all relationships, seeming some were really unhealthy. I'm talking about Sydney's friends. ALL OF THEM ARE REALLY SUPPORTING AND UNDERSTANDING. I just think that even with all the hardships that she continues to encounter or face with, at the end of the day she has someone who will listen to her. At first, I know it didn't happen that way. She really felt alone, but along the way she did find someone or rather people who can show her that she has someone to lean on. Her relationship with Layla was a blessing. Adding Mac to that was a hidden treasure. Mrs Chatham was the safety net. I just loved everything about this. Her brother, mother and father were really frustrating me though, but looking into their perspective, you can't really judge them because they have their personal demons that makes them act that way. They have their guilt and imperfection but at the end of day, it doesn't mean someone is not getting hurt.

View all my reviews
Share:

0 comments: