Saturday, August 11, 2012

Review: My Life Next Door

My Life Next DoorMy Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

MORE PLEASE!
This book surprised me. I wasn't expecting to like it so much! This book is actually what I need right now. It reminds me of Sarah Dessen's books. Jase Garrett's and Samantha Reed's story sure has blown me away. :)What are my thoughts?

1. Hi mom. Remember me? Your daughter.
This book is about mother-daughter issues. I kinda pity them both because they don't really understand each other. It's like mom, can you grow a pair and just listen to me for a second? You don't even know what your talking about. You just keep planning on about my life and you don't even ask me if I want that. And the daughter is like, why am i even doing this? Why can't I tell mom what's on my mind? ......
I don't like it that they don't have an open relationship. It's not actually Sam's fault because, growing up, her mom is always the one in charge or is very strict about everything. They have a very cold relationship. It's actually like Sam is afraid that her mom will disapprove of her every move. The book portrayed just that. That's really sad and poor kind of relationship.

2. Howdie hottie boy-next-door!
That feeling that you just want to shout to the whole world that you are in love with that person and you can't seem stop thinking about him/her? Yeah! Sweeeet! It's also like you can't get enough of each other and is having that craving for more feeling.
Boy next-door Jase is everything that girl could want. He is nice, hot, not afraid to look you in the eye, brave enough to talk to you about sensitive stuff and is really understanding! Oh don't forget family-oriented. The good part is that I think Jase has been crushing on Sam for years now. Now that they're 17, he found that courage to actually talk to her. This guy knows how to respect others and very down to earth. I want someone like him!!!!
A boy like that who blushes because of his girlfriend? Come on! A boy who is concern because it's your first time together to do it. Buy condoms together? Lol.

3. I wish I'm you! Wtf.
Sam has been watching the Garretts for ten years now! She never talked to them. Just observes. I really think she wants to have that kind of experience. The big family type of experience. I mean who wouldn't? It's kinda crazy! I like how this book showed it here. The Garretts are everywhere! From the parents who act like they are teenagers in love, from the kids who act like crazy and know it all kids. From teens who are responsible yet feisty and have angst. Focused, determined and loving kids at the same time can be annoying and overbearing. Just wow! I love that family!!!!

Being jealous is one thing. But being jealous to you bestfriend is different all together. Especially if that bestfriend doesn't even have malicious thoughts about you and your relationship. Being jealous of someone who you think has it all is normal. Especially if you think that someone doesn't have to work her butt off unlike you who tries really hard all the friggin time. But, you should at least be considerate if that person is someone who has always been there for you and always being a good friend. Because that is just unfair for the bestfriend when you just suddenly decide to break your friendship just because of your jealousy and insecurity!!!! That is so unfair!!!!

4. I whine, you listen.
Sometimes we normally whine about stuff. I mean i whine about everything. Not to be annoying. But because it's the only thing I can do at the moment. But, in this book, whining about something and being complicated about it will only give you a headache. I mean Jase is right, you're not gonna die or be miserable for eternity. Sometimes you need to be reasonable and be able to think things through. I know it's hard sometimes because you can't do it just because you have to, but there's a solution for that. It will come.

I really like Tim Mason. He speaks for himself. He feels like a loser but i actually think he's a great person. I like his friendship with Sam and Jase. He was able to change his life by straightening up and helping himself get rid of his addictions. Also, just because he's annoying and can be really good to someone. :)

5. Help. I can't decide!
I don't like it that there are times in our lives that we can't decide what to do or how to act on something because you know it will create a lot of damage to others who matter to you. Also, when you know what to do but you can't do it because your afraid of what others might feel or how they will react. It's also hard, i mean really hard when a certain action or decision can make you lose the one person that you love the most, just because you're also being loyal to your family.
This book made me anxious while reading those parts. It made want to stop reading! It's like you know they will end up w each other but you are confused how will that happen now because of this problem. Grrr.

Best unexpected-type-of-deep-feeling book ever!!!!!

I really love it!

This song actually reminds me of this book:

  "Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin....
And if you have a minute, why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go somewhere only we know?"




reminds me of Jase and Sam. :)


View all my reviews

Share:

0 comments: