Thursday, August 02, 2012

Review: Crash

Crash Crash by Nicole Williams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ever wonder a sweet-broken-bad boy might end up with a bitchy-smart-mouthed girl? This one did.
Somewhere along my "update status" I said that I found the perfect song for this book. I am so not joking! Here:

"Lyin' here with you so close to me
It's hard to fight these feelings when it feels so hard to breathe
I'm caught up in this moment, caught up in your smile

I've never opened up to anyone
So hard to hold back when I'm holding you in my arms
We don't need to rush this, let's just take it slow

Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight
Just a touch of the fire burning so bright
And I don't want to mess this thing up
No, I don't want to push too far

Just a shot in the dark that you just might
Be the one I've been waiting for my whole life
So baby, I'm alright with just a kiss goodnight

(Just A Kiss by Lady Antebellum)

Perfect song for both Jude and Lucy. Perfect lines! I don't even know how to explain. The lyrics can really tell you this is their story. Sweet bad boy! Bitchy-smart girl. LOVE IT! I seriously don't want to compare Jude to Travis Maddox from Beautiful Disaster right now because, I just don't want to. In my opinion they are different. Or well, it's just hard to choose. lol

Okay so where to start...

The story was actually good. I like that Lucy is kinda bitchy to people. She's sarcastic and very direct with her words. I like that she has this quality that she wants to save people.
I know that bad boys with a difficult past is kinda getting overrated, but I still like Jude here. Maybe because he wasn't paired to someone innocent and plain and goody-goody.


"Our reputations weren't who we really were, they were who people told us we were. Some of us fell into that trap, while others fought their entire lives to break free of them."

----Well, this particular line is really interesting. Sometimes we end up by being what other people think of us. Even though some might be not true about us, we either prove them wrong or just go with it and embrace it. That's kinda sad. Sometimes we overlook things and we don't see anything but what others tell us or rumors that spread like a disease. It's hard to prove things about what we really are when all people know the same lie or wrong info out there. It makes victims sad? yes. Will it ruin people's lives? Maybe. If we do something about it we might be able to change it.
That's what happened to Jude and Lucy. Good thing here is that, they have each other to know what the real thing is. It's sweet. A little cheesy? Yes. OMG. lol. But it's still good.

Okay, so I have another part in this book that I love.
Dance studio scene! When Lucy was dancing and Jude was outside playing the peeping-tom that he is. lol. Then the breakdown of emotions. (CRY-worthy)
I even have a song for that and for their story. here:

"I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
Promise I'm worthy to hold in your arms
So come on and give me a chance
To prove I am the one who can walk that mile
Until the end starts"

(One and Only by Adele)
----As much as Jude wants to be with Lucy, he always held back from the beginning. Oh he wants to be her boyfriend but he knows that he will still have to walk away from her. For him, he's not just good enough for her. As for Lucy, she wants Jude too but there are some things that you can't just let go, knowing that it will come crashing down on you in the end. This song is really hoping for that chance. As much as they want to be the one and only for each other they came across a lot of complications and obstacles.

Lucy was able to be strong about it. look:
"If you'd shut up about all the reasons I shouldn't want you, maybe you'd hear that I don't care."


Another part of that song from Adele, it says:

"You'll never know if you never try
To forget your past and simply be mine"

----I so agree with this. Very fitting for the story also! Their past are so complicated and broken that it's keeping them for having a relationship that they obviously both want. It's sad and frustrating because, the past is the past! Come on people you should focus on the now. You couldn't change whatever happened before! But, you can do something about what would make you happy and what you want to have in the present time. Live with the now! Yes. It hurts! Yes. You are sorry and blah blah. But if you really want something or love something you just have to suck it up and face it with big smile and head high. Act now before it's too late. Come on! Life is short sometimes.

That leads me to this quote from Lucy's dad:

"Don't let the fear of losing them keep you from loving them."

----This same problem always happen to almost every YA or actually romance books that I've read. People always let fear get in the way for them to be really happy. Or in other terms, they always expects the worst before having that sense of euphoria that they want. This kind of thing is what keeps us from being happy or have the happy ending. Yeah I keep on repeating stuff. It's true. Is it annoying that every one always have this kind of thinking? Yes. Can we help it? Yes and No. Yes because you can just be brave and ignore that fear. And, no, because you are being careful and trying to protect yourself from the pain. AGAIN, this is just all about taking risk. If you take a risk at least you know how it feels to try and not think someday of "what could have been" or "what if".

One more quote. This one is from Jude. Makes me melt. Cheesy? YES. Do I like it? YES. Do I want to pull my hair and go gaga and scream? Maybe. ha ha
here:

"I'll be here, each day and every day on, as long as you want me to be."









View all my reviews
Share:

0 comments: