Monday, August 13, 2012

Review: Saving Francesca

Saving Francesca Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Super fun read!

1. I like family drama.
I really like the Spinelli family. How they all love and care for each member of the family. How they were able to deal with their mother's sickness and how they overcome all the things that happened ever since that incident. I love how Francesca is really close with her brother Luca. Most definitely I really love it that Robert and Mia are very in love with each other. LOVE IT!

2.Boys. boys. BOYS!
Ok, i'm not boy addict or obsessed with them. I just like how Frankie handled them. Made friends with them! I really liked Jimmy actually. He's a geek for sci/fi and all. And he might be a bully and irritating but he's such a good friend and respects his elders. Thomas is obnoxious. But i really like him as well. He may come out as a guy who doesn't care but he cares about people who mean something to him and he values his friends. Will Trombal. haha. I like him because Frankie likes him. He's annoying at first but he's just one of those guys who likes what he sees. He may plan a lot but he's basing it through its importance in his life. He's determined and that's good. I just don't like it that he has to hurt people because he can't help his feelings.

3. Them girls.
The friendship of Bitch spice, Butch spice, Stupid spice and Slut spice is very likable. I love them! How different they all are but they still work together and compliment each other. :) It's so good to see people connect and rely on each other like these girls do. It may looked like they are using each other at first but they end up being happy with each others' company.

4. Frankie say what?
I really like Frankie. She may be confused but the book made me see something real. It's her. She's so real. I can see people like her in the real world. I mean she's only human who deal with human emotions, chaos and drama. She's strong and is dedicated to her family. She has her imperfections but it's ok because that's what makes her likable.

5. Happy ending?
This book has a happy ending! But, although it may looked like the romance bit is a happy ending, i still wished it was the way I pictured it in my head. haha. Yeah i'm a hopeless romantic.

4 STARS!!!

View all my reviews
Share:

0 comments: