Thursday, August 05, 2021

Review: Defy

Defy Defy by L.J. Shen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ok time for Jaime Followhill and Melody Greene.
My first reaction to this was, why does Jaime only get a novella? Why not a whole book? Right now, I still don't know the answer to this. I might ask in the FB group haha! But for now, this is still something that bothers me.

Sooooo my thoughts:

1. Jaime you one naughty boy. Melody same to you. lol.
description
Yeah, that's right. Little Jaime has a cruuuuush. Ok, well obviously Jaime is not really little. I mean he's 18. But still, a boy. Compared to his English teacher who is 8 years older. The romance intrigued me because I want to know if there's something that will make me like the concept of a student getting his HEA with his teacher. Hmmmm, I liked the story, Jaime is really crushable, I just don't know if I like Melody. She's not annoying but maybe I feel like I'm one of the judgmental people out there. haha! I'm soooooorrry! But then ok, let me backtrack, I LIKED THE ROMANCE. The build up and all. How Jaime is really dedicated to spend time with Melody, how he likes hanging out and how special their relationship is. Jaime is swoon-worthy hands down. I'm actually crushing on this guy in Vicious. He's likeable, he's not annoying, his personality is very very afhlkanflkahf I cannot explain how he is, i just like him haha! In addition, how Melody, being an adult in the relationship handled it. She has her faults but I can say her actions are justifiable. So yeah, the romance was good.

2. It's so hard to think that you will eventually get your peace and quiet.
The drama, the scandal. I mean I know if I were ever involved in this kind of relationship, people will judge you. It's hard for them yes, but they made it work. The mother problem was a killer thought but they were able to fight that.

3. Sometimes love is love, i guess?
Whatever the problem is i think when you love someone deeply, it's how you handle in continuing that love for as long as both of you are happy. I don't think I made sense haha! But, the point is that, I guess, love conquers all. hahah!

View all my reviews
Share:

0 comments: