Monday, August 09, 2021

Review: Pretty Reckless

Pretty Reckless Pretty Reckless by L.J. Shen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So this is already a re-read review. When I first read this, I remember that I really liked it because Daria is such a bitch haha! I mean it's not even bad, it's like looking at a villain's perspective. Daria is not actually a villain because she's the lead here but you know how she's do bad things and hurts others? But then you appreciate the people around her, like his loving and loyal father, her asshole but supportive childhood friends, her nice but very dramatic mother and the boy who crushed on her so hard he cannot erase her from his system. Yes Penn, we know you're so gaga over Daria.

Soooo thoughts:

1. Daria is such a bitch but hey everyone of us has our inner bitch, right?
description
Every one has their bad side, right? I guess for Daria, it's all because of her insecurities and lack of trust in herself especially when she treat other girls as competition. Also, maybe how Melody treated her as not the kind of daughter that Daria wants to feel. I mean honestly, Via should have just gone bye bye. I don't like that girl! Annoying is one word but pure evil is the perfect description for how i HATE HER. Daria is entitled to feel the way she feels. Although I'm not so sure of the other sins that she has in her black book haha!

2. Penn, I know you are driven by your pain but you cannot control who you love, I guess?
How Penn was introduced here was like the very definition of a cute romance. But then, it ends abruptly or rather it turned to a hateful experience because of what happened to her twin and what his participation in that incident. I know he likes to get his "revenge" but I guess love overpowered him. We can definitely see how he cares for Daria, how he considers that Daria is just a lonely girl who lives in an unfair situation. What's so emotional about this is he was able to see the good in Daria and how that amplified his actions towards loving her.

3. Jaime's POV!!!! Woooot! Also, Melody redeem yourself haha!
The hotholes reunion was the best! haha! Jaime being a loving loyal father is the BEST EVER! How he's always team Daria all the way, I mean I cannot contain my happiness. Jaime is sexy here! Melody better step up in which she did by the way. But I really wanted to slap her sometimes because hello!!! Melody are you THAT blind? Come on girl, don't be stupid!

4. That breakup scene WRECKED ME! How dare you Penn and Daria!!! Good thing there's Vaughn.
description
That scene had me crying!!!! I cannot I cannot! Daria's pain was omg. that part really hurts! When Penn told her that they should end it because he has Adriana and Harper, I was like the hell with that!!!! Daria finally found someone as hers then you will just throw her away like she's a nobody. waaaah! I don't know how to explain this in a really vivid way but hell, I just, I cannot haha!
When Vaughn hugged Daria though, omg I want me some Vaughn Spencer, please? If you're listening God, I want one please. Or maybe Santa? Santa, pleaseeee!

Hahha! All in all, THIS ONE IS GREAT! Yassss!

View all my reviews
Share:

0 comments: