Thursday, March 31, 2016

Review: Elastic Hearts

Elastic Hearts Elastic Hearts by Claire Contreras
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When i first read the news that Victor Reuben was going to get his book, i was like, HELL YES!
description
He was the only friend left without a book and I really really wanna know more about Estelle's brother and the best friend to Bean and Jensen. So YES, I was extremely excited when this book came out.

SO THE BOOK:
The book was great actually. It feels real to me because the characters were not perfect. Knowing that they all have these problems, terrible decisions and mistakes makes it worth reading. Because at the end of the day, they have someone there to help them get through life.
The romance was every bit I imagined Victor would do. I knew he had it in him! I knew it! I was kinda shock at first because I don't know what a Victor "in-love" will looked like but then he did not disappoint so lots of hearts for you Victor! I really liked Nicole's character though. Yes she was impulsive but she knows how to acknowledge her every decision.
The drama was there, I felt it and it was beautiful :)
The friendship was sooooo nice. Still the same tight bond and so as the lovely families.

If I have to speak to the characters this would be it:

To Victor:
description
Yes Victor, I know you weren't ready at that time and you know that, but come on! I wanna smack your head sometimes.

To Nicole:
description
Go girl! I know you did not make the best decisions with your life but you made good with one. I admire you for the bravery and the courage to overcome all those hardships.

To Bean and Jensen:
description
Yeah, i just couldn't help myself. haha!

To Estelle and Mia:
description
Yeah, I know. I want what they have!

Knowing the title of the book I couldn't stop singing Sia's song Elastic Heart. It kept on popping inside my head every time drama was on in the book. So this song has been playing on repeat inside my head since yesterday.

"You did not break me
I'm still fighting for peace
Well, I've got thick skin and an elastic heart,
But your blade—it might be too sharp
I'm like a rubber band until you pull too hard,
Yeah, I may snap and I move fast
But you won't see me fall apart
'Cause I've got an elastic heart"

- So now I kinda get it why the book was called Elastic Heart. You guys should read it!
LOVED THIS!




View all my reviews
Share:

0 comments: